Conversation between the Monument and St. Paul's : the celebrated comic chaunt sung by Mr. Fitzwilliam, at the city festivals, &c. &c. / written by Thos. Hudson ; and arranged by J. Blewitt.
- Additional Title(s):
Caption title: Monument and St. Pauls
Late one night when the Moon shone bright
- London : Published by Clementi, Collard & Collard, [1828?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 score (5 pages) ; 33 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA689.M7 B54 1828+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Music (printed)
- Song for voice and piano.
Title from illustrated cover (lithographed by M. Gauci, after George Cruikshank).
First line: Late one night when the Moon shone bright.
The publisher was active under the name Clementi, Collard & Collard from 1822 to 1830. The piece appears in advertisements in the Harmonicon in late 1828.
"Printed by Engelmann, Graf, Coindet & Co."--Front cover.
Cohn, A.M. George Cruikshank, 417
Reid, G.W. Descriptive catalogue of the works of George Cruikshank, 4591
Douglas, R.J.H. Works of George Cruikshank, 554
A humorous song in which the London Monument and St. Paul's Cathedral bemoan the current lack of tourism in the City and the disuse of notable sites such as the the Tower, the Custom House, and London Bridge.
- Subject Terms:
- Humorous songs -- England.London (England) -- poems.Monument, The (London, England)St. Paul's Cathedral (London, England)
- Lithographs -- 1822-1830.
YCBA Collections Search
Blewitt, J. (Jonathan), 1782-1853, Conversation between the Monument and St. Paul's , [1828?]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.