Christie, Mr. (James), 1730-1803, A catalogue of a capital, and truly valuable assemblage of Chinese drawings, paintings, natural and artificial curiosities , 
- A catalogue of a capital, and truly valuable assemblage of Chinese drawings, paintings, natural and artificial curiosities : the property of A. E. Van Braam, Esq. : Chief of the direction of the Dutch East India Company at Canton, and second in the Dutch Embassy, to the Court of Pekin, in the years 1794 and 1795, of which, Mr. Van Braam will speedily publish an authentic account : the whole of which will be sold by auction, by Mr. Christie, at his Great Room, Pall Mall, on Friday, February the 15th, 1799, at one o'clock.
- [London] : [Mr. Christie], 
- Physical Description:
- 10 pages ; 28 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN8640 .N6+ v. 2 no.36 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- A second day's sale, Saturday, February the 16th, 1799 is included in the catalogue although it is not cited on the title page.
Lugt, F. Répertoire des catalogues de ventes publiques, 5868
Date of sale: February 15th-16th, 1799
Place of sale: London.
BAC: British Art Center copy is annotated in ink with sale prices for some lots. Number 36 of 52 auction catalogs bound together. The volume bound in contemporary half calf; with the armorial bookplate of Baron Northwick; signed in manuscript: William Upcott, London Institution, 1823.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Private collections -- Great Britain -- Catalogs.Art auctions -- England -- London -- Catalogs.Bronzes -- Catalogs.Carvings (Decorative arts) -- Catalogs.Chinoise (Art) -- Catalogs.Decorative arts -- Catalogs.Drawing books -- Catalogs.Drawing, Chinese -- Catalogs.London Institution -- Ownership.Northwick, John Rushout, Baron, 1770-1859 -- Bookplate.Upcott, William, 1779-1845 -- Autograph.Van Braam Houckgeest, André Everard, 1739-1801 -- Art Collections -- Catalogs.
- Auction catalogs.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.