Christie, Mr. (James), 1730-1803, A catalogue of eight capital and valuable marble statues , 
- A catalogue of eight capital and valuable marble statues : which were taken in a French Prize, near Malaga, by an armed vessel, in the Mediterranean, and which were consigned from Italy to Cadiz : and as appeared from the paper on board, were destined as a present to the King of Spain from the French Committee appointed to select works of art in Italy : which will be sold by auction by Mr. Christie, at his Great Room (late the Royal Academy) no., 118, Pall Mall, on Friday, January 31, 1800 : may be viewed until the sale.
- [London] : [Mr. Christie], 
- Physical Description:
-  pages ; 28 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN8640 .N6+ v. 2 no.42 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Getty provenance index databases, sale catalog Br-A2483
Lugt, F. Répertoire des catalogues de ventes publiques, 6010
Date of sale: January 31st, 1800
Place of sale: London.
BAC: British Art Center copy not annotated. Number 42 of 52 auction catalogs bound together. The volume bound in contemporary half calf; with the armorial bookplate of Baron Northwick; signed in manuscript: William Upcott, London Institution, 1823.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Private collections -- Great Britain -- Catalogs.Art auctions -- England -- London -- Catalogs.Decorative arts -- Catalogs.London Institution -- Ownership.Northwick, John Rushout, Baron, 1770-1859 -- Bookplate.Sculpture, European -- Catalogs.Upcott, William, 1779-1845 -- Autograph.
- Auction catalogs.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.