Mayer, John, gamekeeper, The sportsman's directory, or, Park and gamekeeper's companion , 1817
- The sportsman's directory, or, Park and gamekeeper's companion : containing instructions for breeding, choice, and training of dogs : coursing and shooting : management of a deer park and fisheries : preserving game : hunting the hare, fox, stag, &c. : breeding, pheasants, partridges, pigeons, rabbits, &c. &c. &c. : artifices of the stag, buck, fox, hare, &c. : with forty-one valuable recipes / by John Mayer, gamekeeper.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Sportsman's directory
Park and gamekeeper's companion
- Second edition, much enlarged by an experienced sportsman, to which is prefixed, an abstract of the new game act.
- Colchester : Printed and sold by Swinborne and Walter : sold also by Baldwin, Cradock, and Joy, London : and by all booksellers, 1817.
- Physical Description:
- x, 223,  pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations ; 19 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSK31 .M39 1817Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Includes index.
BAC: British Art Center bound in contemporary calf; rebacked. Bookseller's ticket: W. Anderson, bookseller, 184, Piccadilly.
- Subject Terms:
- Anderson, W. -- Bookseller.Colchester -- Imprints -- Publishers -- 1817.Dogs -- Training.Game laws -- Great Britain.Hunting -- Great Britain.
- Wood engravings -- 1817.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.