Francis, Julian (Collector of Wood-engravings), Tom Chadwick and the Grosvenor School of Modern Art , 2012
Tom Chadwick and the Grosvenor School of Modern Art / Julian Francis.
- Upper Denby : The Fleece Press, 2012.
- Physical Description:
- , 9-124,  pages : illustrations ; 34 x 34 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2018 1Yale Center for British Art, Gift of the Julian Francis Collection of Prints and Illustrated BooksView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- "Designed, typeset and published by Simon Lawrence at his Fleece Press ..."--Title page verso.
"Printed by Northend Creative Print Solutions in Sheffield."--Colophon.
"The paper is Slow Smooth Natural and the book was bound by the Fine Book Bindery at Finedon in quarter cloth and a patterned paper based on one used to bind the posthumous book of Tom's poems. 210 special copies (housed in a slipcase) have 16 original prints made from the original engraved woodblocks by Simon Lawrence at his Fleece Press, and 150 standard copies carry reproductions of the same tipped in engravings. In all copies the frontispiece, Wayside Laundry, is an original print"--Colophon.
Last page blank.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
BAC: British Art Center copy is one the 210 special copies (housed in a slipcase) with 16 original prints made from the original engraved woodblocks. Unnumbered. Accompanied by three prospectuses from the Fleece Press: Richard Bawden : his life and work / by Malcolm Yorke -- Pen, paper, & a box of paints : Albert Rutherston's work in theatre design and book illustration / by Ian Rogerson -- Dunbay Hay Ltd. 2016 / by Simon Lawrence.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists -- Great Britain -- 20th century -- Biography.Artists.Chadwick, Tom, d 1912-1942.Grosvenor School of Modern Art.Wood-engravers -- Great Britain -- 20th century -- Biography.Wood-engravers -- Great Britain -- History -- 20th century.Wood-engraving -- Great Britain -- History -- 20th century.
- Wood engravings -- 2012.
Machine-made papers (Fibre products) -- Stow Smooth Natural -- England -- 2012.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.