Artists who make books , 2017
- Artists who make books / Andrew Roth, Philip E. Aarons, and Claire Lehmann, editors. ; entries by Jeffrey Kastner and Claire Lehmann.
- London ; New York : Phaidon, 2017.
- Physical Description:
- 335 pages : illustrations (chiefly color) ; 31 cm
- Reference LibraryN7433.3 .A746 2017 (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- "Catalogue": pages 305-328.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
A vital survey of 32 internationally recognized artists who make books as part of their creative practice - features 500 images of these rarely seen works. The 'artist's book' has long been an important form of expression, and 'Artists Who Make Books' showcases 32 internationally recognized artists who have integrated book production into their larger creative practice. This volume features a selection of books by every artist included - many rarely seen - an accompanying text providing further context, and over 500 illustrations of covers and interior spreads. Insightful interviews with Tauba Auerbach, Paul Chan, and Walther Konig, and in-depth essays by Benjamin H.D. Buchloh and Lynda Morris round out this illuminating survey.
- Introduction -- Tauba Auerbach : a conversation -- John Baldessari -- Alghiero Boetti -- Christian Boltanski -- Marcel Broodthaers -- Stanley Brouwn -- Looking back at books / Benjamin H. D. Buchloh -- James Lee Byars -- Sophie Calle -- Maurizio Cattelan -- Paul Chan : a conversation -- Hanne Darboven -- Hans-Peter Felddmann -- Wade Guyton -- On Kawara -- Martin Kippenberger -- Walther König : a conversation -- Sol LeWitt -- Richard Long -- Gordon Matta-Clark -- Bjarne Melgaard Annette Messenger -- Lynda Morris : book as artwork, 1960 to 1972 -- Jack Pierson -- Sigmar Polke -- Richard Prince -- Gerhard Richter -- Dieter Roth -- Ed Ruscha -- Tary Sinmon -- Josh Smith -- Wolfgang Tillmanns -- Andy Warhol -- Lawrence Weiner -- Christopher Wool -- Catalogue.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Biography.Artists' books.