Lines from Elegy written in a country churchyard / Thomas Gray ; with etchings drawn in Sussex churchyards [by] Susan Allix.
- Additional Title(s):
- [London] : [Susan Allix], 
- Physical Description:
-  pages : illustrations ; 15 x 20 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.A45 L56 1997Yale Center for British Art, In memory of Steven ProctorAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Poem presented in a slightly abridged version.
Includes 17 original etchings and aquatints, two printed with additional color (à la poupée) and four hand-colored.
"The drawings for these etchings were made in the village churchyards of Alciston, Arlington, Bishopstone, Folkington, Friston, Jevington, Litlington and West Dean in East Sussex. The book is set in Granby Light Italic and printed letterpress on Velin Arches 200 gsm. paper."--Colophon.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 8 of 20, signed by the artist. Bound in black goatskin, inset with etched glass panel; with original cloth drop-back box.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Specimens.Cemeteries -- Great Britain.English poetry.
- Etchings -- 1997.
Etchings -- Hand-colored -- 1997.
Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1997.
A la poupée prints -- 1997.
Artists' books -- England -- London -- 1997.
YCBA Collections Search
Allix, Susan, 1943-, Lines from Elegy written in a country churchyard , 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.