The cabinet-maker and upholsterer's drawing-book : in four parts / by Thomas Sheraton, cabinet-maker ; recommended by many workmen of the first abilities in London, who have themselves inspected the work.
- Third edition, revised, and the whole embellished with 122 elegant copper-plates.
- London : Printed by T. Bensley, Bolt Court, Fleet Street, for W. Baynes (successor to G. Terry), 54 Paternoster-Row : Sold also by J. Archer, Dublin ; and all other booksellers, 1802.
Dundee : Printed by Robt. S. Barrie, 16 Panmure Street, Dundee
- Physical Description:
- viii, viii, , 6-120, 171-446, , 4-60, 24 pages,  leaves of plates (some folded) : illustrations ; 27 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNK2542.S5 A32 1802Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Articles & Chapters
- Based on the publisher's statement concerning the number of plates, the main part of the work (69 plates) was presumably issued with the Appendix (41 plates) and the Accompaniment (14 plates).
Pagination statement based on the Yale Center for British Art copy, which lacks separate title pages for the Appendix and Accompaniment (described in British Architectural Library, nos. 3001 and 3002).
Engravings by John Barlow, Garnet Terry, John Cooke, James Newton, J. Thornthwaite, G. Barrett, W. Hawkins, Towes, G. Walker; after Thomas Sheraton.
Archer, J. British domestic architecture, 306.4
British Architectural Library. Early printed books, 1478-1840, 3000
British Architectural Library. Early printed books, 1478-1840, 3001
British Architectural Library. Early printed books, 1478-1840, 3002
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary paneled gilt-stamped calf. Armorial bookplate: Edward Montagu Stuart Granville, Earl of Wharneliffe.
- Subject Terms:
- Barrie, Robert S. -- Printer.Cabinetmakers.Furniture industry and trade.Furniture making.Granville, Edward Montagu Stuart, Earl of Wharneliffe -- Bookplate.Interior decoration.Upholstery.
- Engravings -- 1802.
Armorial bookplates (Provenance)
YCBA Collections Search
Sheraton, Thomas, 1751-1806, The cabinet-maker and upholsterer's drawing-book , 1802
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.