IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Mills, John, -approximately 1885, The flyers of the hunt , 1859
The flyers of the hunt / by John Mills ... ; illustrated by John Leech.
- London : "The Field" Office, Strand; and Ward and Lock, 158, Fleet Street, London, 1859.
London : Petter and Galpin, Belle Sauvage Print Works, Ludgate Hill, E.C.
- Physical Description:
- , 114,  pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations ; 19 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSK31 .M55 1859Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Printer's statement from verso of title page.
Final page is blank.
Podeschi, J.B. Books on the horse and horsemanship, 196
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original gold-stamped blue cloth. Binder's label: Burn, 37 & 38, Kirby St. Inscribed: J.H. Chowne with the compliments of the author, April 16th '59. Armorial bookplate: Fitz Eugene Dixon.
- Subject Terms:
- Chowne, J. H. -- Presentation inscription from John Mills.Dixon, Fitz Eugene -- Bookplate.Horsemanship -- England -- 19th century -- Fiction.Hunting -- England -- 19th century -- Fiction.Mills, John, -approximately 1885 -- Presentation inscription to J.H. Chowne.Race horses -- England -- 19th century -- Fiction.
- Wood engravings -- Hand-colored -- 1859.
Armorial bookplates -- Provenance.
Authors' presentation copies (Provenance).
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.