King & Lochée, A catalogue of the whole of the copper plates, remaining books and prints, of that elegant and accurate publication the Antiquities of Athens, by Stuart and Revett , [approximately 1806]
- A catalogue of the whole of the copper plates, remaining books and prints, of that elegant and accurate publication the Antiquities of Athens, by Stuart and Revett : three volumes Imperial folio : which will be sold by auction by Messrs. King and Lochée at their Great Room, 38, King Street, Covent Garden, on Tuesday, April 15, punctually at three o'clock : catalogues may be had at the room.
- [London] : [Messrs. King and Lochée, [approximately 1806]
- Physical Description:
- 4 pages ; 30 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN8640 .N6+ v. 3 no. 6 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "Statement of stock, January 7, 1806."--Page 4.
Date of sale: April, 15th, [approximately 1806]
Place of sale: London.
BAC: British Art Center copy is not annotated. Number 6 of 47 auction catalogs bound together. The volume bound in contemporary half calf; with the armorial bookplate of Baron Northwick; signed in manuscript: William Upcott, London Institution, 1823.
- Subject Terms:
- Art auctions -- England -- London -- Catalogs.Copperplates -- Catalogs.London Institution -- Ownership.Northwick, John Rushout, Baron, 1770-1859 -- Bookplate.Prints, British -- Catalogs.Revett, Nicholas, 1729-1804. Antiquities of Athens.Stuart, James 1713-1788. Antiquities of Athens.Upcott, William, 1779-1845 -- Autograph.
- Auction catalogs.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.