Christie, Mr. (James), 1730-1803, A catalogue of the remaining part of the valuable collection of the Rt. Hon. Sir W. Hamilton, K.B. , 
- A catalogue of the remaining part of the valuable collection of the Rt. Hon. Sir W. Hamilton, K.B. : consisting of a few original Italian and Flemish pictures, and capital drawings by Polidore and other Italian masters : amongst the above, are an Ascension by Giuseppe D'Arpino : a Fine landscape and Cattle by Cuyp : Views in Venice by Canaletti : and elegant Ialian landscapes by Zuccarelli : also, a collection of fine copies from the paintings at Herculaneum and Pompeii, and from those in the museum of His Sicilian Majesty, at Portici, by the celebrated Calabrese painter, Don Fr. Candido : excellent copies from Pictures in the Royal Collection at Naples, after Corregio, Schidoni, A. Sacchi, Parmegiano, &c. &c. : views of the Eruptions of Vesuvius : and of the Costume of Naples, by Fabris and Jackert : portrait of the Chev. Mengs, by himself : and an original ditto of Mad. Pampadour : architecture by Joli, &c. / which will be sold by auction by Mr. Christie at his Great Room, Pall Mall, on Friday, April 17, 1801, and following day, at twelve o'clock.
- [London] : Mr. Christie], 
[London] : J. Smeeton, Printer, 148, St. Martin's Lane,
- Physical Description:
- 11,  pages ; 27 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN8640 .N6+ v. 3 no. 8 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Getty provenance index databases, sale catalog, Br-24
Lugt, F. Répertoire des catalogues de ventes publiques, 6235
Place of auction: London.
Date of auction: April 17th-18th, 1801.
BAC: British Art Center copy is not annotated. Number 8 of 47 auction catalogs bound together. The volume bound in contemporary half calf; with the armorial bookplate of Baron Northwick; signed in manuscript: William Upcott, London Institution, 1823.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Private collections -- Great Britain -- Catalogs.Art -- Private collections.Art auctions -- England -- London -- Catalogs.Drawing, European -- Catalogs.Hamilton, William, Sir, 1730-1803Hamilton, William, Sir, 1730-1803 -- Art collections -- Catalogs.London Institution -- Ownership.Northwick, John Rushout, Baron, 1770-1859 -- Bookplate.Painting, European -- Catalogs.Upcott, William, 1779-1845 -- Autograph.
- Auction catalogs.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.