Phillips, H., -1840, A catalogue of the cabinet of antient drawings, the private collection of Mr. A. C. De Poggi , 
- A catalogue of the cabinet of antient drawings, the private collection of Mr. A. C. De Poggi : consisting of a most valuable and chosen collection of the works of Raffaelle, Michel-Angelo, Coreggio, Titiano, Giulio Romano, Leonardo da Vinci, Frate Bartolomeo, Andrea Del Sarto, Parmegiano, The Three Caracci, Nicolo Poussin, Rubens, Vandyke, Rembrandt, and other great masters : together with a few cabinet pictures, antique gems, and a choice set of the views in Ireland and Wales, painted in body colours by Paul Sandby, R.A. &c. &c. &c. : and the two capital well-known pictures by R. Clevely, esq. marine painter to His Royal Highness the Prince of Wales, commemorating the celebrated victory by Earl Howe on the first of June : which will be sold by auction, (without reserve) by Mr. H. Phillips, at his Great Room, New Bond Street, on Wednesday, April 22d 1801, and three following days, at twelve o'clock.
- [London] : Mr. Phillips, 
- Physical Description:
- 19  pages ; 28cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN8640 .N6+ v. 3 no. 9 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Getty provenance index databases, sale catalog Br-27
Lugt, F. Répertoire des catalogues de ventes publiques, 6238a
Date of sale: April 22d-25th, 1801.
Place of sale: London.
BAC: British Art Center copy is not annotated. Number 9 of 47 auction catalogs bound together. The volume bound in contemporary half calf; with the armorial bookplate of Baron Northwick; signed in manuscript: William Upcott, London Institution, 1823.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Private collections -- Great Britain -- Catalogs.Art auctions -- England -- London -- Catalogs.Cameos -- Catalogs.Decorative arts -- Catalogs.Drawing, European -- Catalogs.London Institution -- Ownership.Northwick, John Rushout, Baron, 1770-1859 -- Bookplate.Poggi, A. C. de -- Art collections -- Catalogs.Prints, European -- Catalogs.Upcott, William, 1779-1845 -- Autograph.
- Auction catalogs.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.