The history of Godefrey of Boloyne and of the conquest of Iherusalem / [corrected for the press by H. Halliday Sparling].
- Additional Title(s):
Historia rerum in partibus transmarinis gestarum. English
- [Hammersmith : Kelmscott Press, 1893]
- Physical Description:
- xxii, , 450,  p. ; 29 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsD183.3 .W55 1893+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Colophon: This new edition of William Caxton's Godeffroy of Boloyne, done after the first edition, was corrected for the press by H. Halliday Sparling, and printed by me, William Morris, at the Kelmscott Press, Upper Mall, Hammersmith, in the county of Middlesex, & finished on the 27th day of April, 1893. [Printer's device] Sold by William Morris, at the Kelmscott Press.
300 paper copies. 6 vellum copies.
Peterson, W.S. Kelmscott Press, A15
BAC: British Art Center copy is one of 6 on vellum. Bound in vellum with silk ties.
- Subject Terms:
- Crusades -- First, 1096-1099.Godfrey, of Bouillon, approximately 1060-1100.Jerusalem -- History -- Latin Kingdom, 1099-1244.Kelmscott Press -- Publisher. (BACRB)Morris, William -- Printer. (BACRB)Woodcut -- Specimens -- 1893. (BACRB)
YCBA Collections Search
William, of Tyre, Archbishop of Tyre, approximately 1130-approximately 1190, The history of Godefrey of Boloyne and of the conquest of Iherusalem , 1893]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.