Emin, Tracey, 1963-, Tracey Emin , 
- Tracey Emin : the memory of your touch / essay, Jonathan Jones.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Memory of your touch
- Brussels, Belgium : Xavier Hufkens, 
- Physical Description:
- 111 pages : color illustrations, facsimiles ; 29 cm
- Reference LibraryNJ18.Em45 A12 2017a (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Catalog of an exhibition held at Xavier Hufkens Gallery, Sept. 8-Oct. 21, 2017.
The title of the exhibition, The Memory of your Touch, alludes to a line in D.H. Lawrence's novel Lady Chatterley's Lover (1928). When asked if she misses the touch of her deceased husband, Mrs Bolton exclaims:That's it my Lady! the touch of him! ... if there's a heaven above, he'll be there, and will lie up against me so I can sleep. The sentiment behind these words echoes the artist's own awareness of the transient memories associated with a vanished physical closeness. An erotically charged photograph (1997-2016) with the same title as the exhibition showing the artist lying face-down on a hotel bed, alone, encapsulates what Emin has referred to as the loss of love and sex, and about how it felt to have that passiontrying to remember, remember that desire and remember what it felt like to be entwined with someone. A lot of my work has become more abstract, more vague, and that's because the memory is blurry.
- Subject Terms:
- Emin, Tracey, 1963-Emin, Tracey, 1963- -- Exhibitions.
- Exhibition catalogs.