IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Kipling, Rudyard, 1865-1936, The Maltese cat , 1936
The Maltese cat : a polo game of the 'nineties / Rudyard Kipling ; illustrated by Lionel Edwards, R.I.
- 1st. ed.
- Garden City, N.Y. : Doubleday, Doran & Company, 1936.
- Physical Description:
- 91 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. (some col.) ; 21 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSporting 1239Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- BEIN 2000 1415: Dust jacket. Bookplate: Tyler Kipling Collection.
BAC: British Art Center copy: First Edwards edition. Square octavo. Orange-red cloth; polo players blind stamped on front cover, gold lettering on spine, top edge red. Black, white and gold dust jacket, torn; black lettering on spine. Color frontispiece, illustrations, color plates. Illustrations in color and black & white from the paintings and drawings of Lionel Edwards. Spine height: 8 3/8 inches.
BEIN Richards Kipling 659: In ms: Charles R.L. Sturgis, Howard O. Sturgis, Jr., Dec. 1947. Bookseller's label: The Old Corner Book Store, Inc., Boston Mass. Bound in medium orange-red crisscross cloth, lettered in gilt and illustrated in blind. In black, white and gold dust jacket. From the David Alan Richards Collection of Rudyard Kipling.
Stewart, J.M. Rudyard Kipling, 190
Richards, D.A. Rudyard Kipling: a bibliography, A433
- Subject Terms:
- Horses -- Folklore -- Fiction.Richards, David Alan, 1945- -- Ownership.Sturgis, Charles R. L. -- Ownership.Sturgis, Howard O. -- Ownership.Tyler, Matilda -- Bookplate.
- Booksellers' labels (Provenance)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.