Pope's own miscellany : being a reprint of Poems on several occasions, 1717, containing new poems by Alexander Pope and others / edited by Norman Ault.
- Additional Title(s):
Poems on several occasions, 1717.
- London : The Nonesuch Press, MCMXXXV 
- Physical Description:
- xcvii, , 165,  pages : illustrations, facsimiles ; 26 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR1215 .P64 1935Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Facsimile title page facing page xxi: Poems on several occasions / by His Grace the Duke of Buckingham, Mr. Wycherely, Lady Winchelsea, Sr. Samuel Garth, N. Row, Esq., Mrs. Singer, Bevil Higgins Esq. ; and other eminent hands. London : Printed for Bernard Lintot between the Temple-Gates, 1717.
"Of this edition, designed by Francis Meynell, 750 copies have been printed on Van Gelder paper in the Fell types by John Johnson, printer to the university, at the University Press, Oxford."--Colophon.
Dreyfus, J. History of the Nonesuch Press, 100
BEIN 1976 2395: No. 270. Dust jacket.
BEIN Ik P810 717pc: No. 312. Dust jacket.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 112 of 750. Bound in dark green buckram.
A collection of poems of anonymous authorship, the compilation and editing of which Ault, A.E. Case, and National union catalog: pre-1956 imprints attribute to Pope. Ault also identifies Pope as author of "some thirty-seven" of the anonymous poems, not included in "The whole works of Mr. Pope" published by Lintot less than six weeks earlier.
- Subject Terms:
- English poetry -- 18th century.Private press books -- England -- London -- Specimens.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.