IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
The Byron gallery ;, 1833
The Byron gallery ; a series of historical embellishments to illustrate the poetical works of Lord Byron.
- London : Published by Smith, Elder and co., 65, Cornhill, 1833.
- Physical Description:
-  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNE1723 .F56 1834View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Engravings by Charles George Lewis, Henry Thomas Ryall, R. Baker, Samuel Sangster, Henry Chawner Shenton and G. A Periam; after Sir Thomas Lawrence, Alfred Edward Chalon, Henry James Richter, Henri Decaisne, and E.T. Parris.
Printed by Stewart and Company, Old Bailey.
Plate no.  designated as frontispiece in list of illustrations.
Originally issued in 6 parts.
BEIN 2014 232: 24 cm. Plate no. , "Childe Harold" engraved by C.G. Lewis, bound as frontispiece, as designated. Plates no. , "The Corsair" engraved by T.A. Dean, and no. , "The Corsair" engraved by R. Baker, transposed in binding. Autograph on front free endpaper: E. Burr, Dec. 29th 1836, New York. Autograph on front fly-leaf, in different script: Edwin Burr. Accompanied by lace cross (bookmark?), laid in following plate no. , "Childe Harold" engraved by R. Staines.
BEIN 1977 1275: Autograph of William John Underwood.
BAC: British Art Center copy imperfect; comprises part VI only (6 plates present). Bound with: Finden's Gallery of the Graces. (London : C. Tilt, 1834).
- Subject Terms:
- Burr, E. -- Autograph.Burr, Edwin -- Autograph.Byron, George Gordon Byron, Baron, 1788-1824 -- Illustrations.Smith, Elder & Co. -- Publisher.Stewart and Co. -- Printer.Underwood, William John -- Autograph.
- Soft-ground etchings -- 1833.
Engravings -- 1834.
Steel engravings -- 1833.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.