The Byron gallery ;, 1833
- The Byron gallery ; a series of historical embellishments to illustrate the poetical works of Lord Byron.
- London : Published by Smith, Elder and co., 65, Cornhill, 1833.
- Physical Description:
-  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNE1723 .F56 1834Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Engravings by Charles George Lewis, Henry Thomas Ryall, R. Baker, Samuel Sangster, Henry Chawner Shenton and G. A Periam; after Sir Thomas Lawrence, Alfred Edward Chalon, Henry James Richter, Henri Decaisne, and E.T. Parris.
Printed by Stewart and Company, Old Bailey.
Plate no.  designated as frontispiece in list of illustrations.
Originally issued in 6 parts.
BEIN 2014 232: 24 cm. Plate no. , "Childe Harold" engraved by C.G. Lewis, bound as frontispiece, as designated. Plates no. , "The Corsair" engraved by T.A. Dean, and no. , "The Corsair" engraved by R. Baker, transposed in binding. Autograph on front free endpaper: E. Burr, Dec. 29th 1836, New York. Autograph on front fly-leaf, in different script: Edwin Burr. Accompanied by lace cross (bookmark?), laid in following plate no. , "Childe Harold" engraved by R. Staines.
BEIN 1977 1275: Autograph of William John Underwood.
BAC: British Art Center copy imperfect; comprises part VI only (6 plates present). Bound with: Finden's Gallery of the Graces. (London : C. Tilt, 1834).
- Subject Terms:
- Burr, E. -- Autograph.Burr, Edwin -- Autograph.Byron, George Gordon Byron, Baron, 1788-1824 -- Illustrations.Smith, Elder & Co. -- Publisher.Stewart and Co. -- Printer.Underwood, William John -- Autograph.
- Soft-ground etchings -- 1833.
Engravings -- 1834.
Steel engravings -- 1833.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.