Bescherming Bevolking (Organization), Specimens of embossing & illuminating from steel dies , [ca.1885?]
- Specimens of embossing & illuminating from steel dies : suitable for paper, envelopes, &c., in new & artistic styles / B.B.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Specimens of embossing and illuminating from steel dies
- [Great Britain] : [B.B.], [ca.1885?]
- Physical Description:
-  leaves : all illustrations ; 22 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsHD9831.9 .B2Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Trade catalog for steel dies, with numerous complex decorative designs. Designs are offered in a wide range of shapes, sizes, and colors, intended for use on heads and corners of notepaper, flaps and fronts of envelopes, or any other piece of paper requiring embellishment. The designs include facsimiles of handwriting, "very fashionable" (and realistic) corner pins, and elaborately entwined monograms. Blind stamps and company trademarks and seals are also included, with examples offered for lawn tennis clubs, local boards, and coal companies.
The catalog is monogrammed throughout (and on the cover) "B.B."
Some of the example designs incorporate dates, especially in the embossed seals on leaf , where the latest date is 1885.
Title from cover, printed in black on green cloth.
- Subject Terms:
- Dies (Metal-working) -- Great Britain -- Catalogs.Embossing (Printing) -- Great Britain.Stationery -- Great Britain -- Catalogs.Stationery industry -- Great Britain.Tool and die industry -- Great Britain.Visiting cards -- Great Britain.
- Trade catalogs.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.