Christie, Mr. (James), 1730-1803, A catalogue of the capital, and singularly valuable collection of antique marbles, statures, bustos, &c. at the distinguished villa of the late Rt. Hon. Lord Mendip, deceased, at Twickenham, Middlesex , 
- A catalogue of the capital, and singularly valuable collection of antique marbles, statures, bustos, &c. at the distinguished villa of the late Rt. Hon. Lord Mendip, deceased, at Twickenham, Middlesex : among which are particularly fine and valuable: an Egyptian figure of the scarce granite, five feet high : a capital bas-relief, engraved by Bartoli : a fine bust of M. Aurelius, and a ditto of a child, in excellent preservation : a curious fount, and a pair of mosaic slabs, from the Bath of Titus : a most noble antique Oriental alabaster, vase, of large dimensions : and a pair of beautiful columns of the Verd Anique : also a few pictures : which will be sole b auction, by Mr. Christie, on the premises, on Monday, Ma the 17th, 1802, at twelve o'clock.
- [London] : Mr. Christie's, 
[London} : J. Smeeton, Printer, 148, St. Martin's Lane,
- Physical Description:
- 6 pages ; 30 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN8640 .N6+ v. 3 no.24 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Date of sale: May 17th, 1802.
Place of sale: London.
Getty provenance index databases, sale catalog Br-112
Lugt, F. Répertoire des catalogues de ventes publiques, 6432
Place of auction: London.
Date of sale: May 17, 1802.
BAC: British Art Center copy is not annotated. Number 25 of 47 auction catalogs bound together. The volume bound in contemporary half calf; with the armorial bookplate of Baron Northwick; signed in manuscript: William Upcott, London Institution, 1823.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Private collections -- Great Britain -- Catalogs.Art auctions -- England -- London -- Catalogs.London Institution -- Ownership.Mendip, Welbore Ellis, Baron, 1713-1802 -- Art collections -- Catalogs.Northwick, John Rushout, Baron, 1770-1859 -- Bookplate.Painting, European -- Catalogs.Sculpture, European -- Catalogs.Upcott, William, 1779-1845 -- Autograph.
- Auction catalogs.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.