Christie, Mr. (James), 1730-1803, A catalogue of a most valuable, curious and highly interesting collection of Etruscan or Greek vases and antique bronzes, formed at infinite expence, and with indefatigable research, during a course of thirty years, by the late Mr. James Clark, Antiquary of Naples, Dec. , 1802
- A catalogue of a most valuable, curious and highly interesting collection of Etruscan or Greek vases and antique bronzes, formed at infinite expence, and with indefatigable research, during a course of thirty years, by the late Mr. James Clark, Antiquary of Naples, Dec. : well known for his superior intelligence in the various branches of the antique : in this collection, are some vases of Nola, particularly valuable from their size, variety and curious painting : a few Sicilian and other, of the most beautiful and elegant designs : and many pieces truly deserving the attention of the learned antiquary and curious collector : among the bronzes, are two antique figures in the Egyptian style : particularly fine and well preserved : an antique Balance, and other rare articles : which will be sold by Mr. Christie, at his Great Room, Pall Mall, on Wednesday, June the 9th, 1802, at twelve o'clock.
- [London] : Mr. Christie, 1802.
[London] : J. Smeeton, Printer, 148, St. Martin's Lane,
- Physical Description:
- 12 pages ; 26 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN8640 .N6+ v. 3 no.26 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Lugt, F. Répertoire des catalogues de ventes publiques, 461
Date of sale: June 9th, 1802.
Place of sale: London.
BAC: British Art Center copy is not annotated. Number 26 of 47 auction catalogs bound together. The volume bound in contemporary half calf; with the armorial bookplate of Baron Northwick; signed in manuscript: William Upcott, London Institution, 1823.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Private collections -- Great Britain -- Catalogs.Art auctions -- England -- London -- Catalogs.Clark, James, approximately -1802?Decorative arts -- Catalogs.London Institution -- Ownership.Northwick, John Rushout, Baron, 1770-1859 -- Bookplate.Sculpture, European -- Catalogs.Upcott, William, 1779-1845 -- Autograph.Vases -- Catalogs.
- Auction catalogs.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.