IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
The Paston Treasure , 2018
The Paston Treasure : microcosm of the known world / edited by Andrew Moore, Nathan Flis, and Francesca Vanke.
- New Haven, CT : Yale University Press, 2018.
- Physical Description:
- 589 pages : color illustrations ; 30 cm
- Reference LibraryNX543 .P37 2018 (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Please contact the Reference Library to schedule an appointment [Email email@example.com]
- Full Orbis Record:
- "This publication accompanies the exhibitions 'The Paston Tresure: Microcosm of the Known world and The Paston Treasure: Riches and Rarities of the Known World', co-organized by the Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, on view 15 February - 27 May 2018, and Norwich Castle Museum & Art Gallery, on view 23 June - 23 September 2018."
Includes bibliographical references (pages 561-577) and index.
Yale medical historical copy the gift of the Yale Center for British Art.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Collections and collecting -- Great Britain -- History -- Catalogs.Decorative arts -- Collections and collecting -- Great Britain -- History -- Catalogs.Oxnead Hall (England)Paston family -- Art collections -- Catalogs.Paston, William, Sir, 1528-1610 -- Art collections.Paston, William, Sir, 1528-1610 -- Art collections.Yarmouth, Robert Paston, Earl of, 1631-1683 -- Art collections.
- World in painting : The Paston Treasure: an introduction / Andrew Moore
- I. Understanding the Paston Treasure : The master of the 'Paston Treasure': in search of an attribution / Andrew Moore and Robert Wenley
- Making 'The Paston Treasure' / Spike Bucklow and Jessica David
- Technical investigation of 'The Paston Treasure' by macro-x-ray fluorescence (MA-XRF) analysis / Claudia Caliri and Francesco Paolo Romano
- Curtain up / Glenn Adamson
- 'The Paston Treasure' and its continental inspiration / Ellinoor Bergvelt
- "This deepe and perfect glosse of Blacknesse": colour, colonialism, and 'The Paston Treasure's' period eye / Esther Chadwick
- II. Revealing the Collection : A curated collection: virtuosity and performance in 'The Paston Treasure' / Mark A. Meadow
- 'Artificialia and their meanings in 'The Paston Tresure' / Wolfram Koeppe
- The development of Oxnead: from Tudor house to Nicholas Stone / Maurice Howard and Edward Town
- A tale of two houses: Oxnead and the Pastons ; Blickling and the Hobarts / Victor Morgan
- Paston furniture and furnishings / Simon Swynfen Jervis
- 'Naturalia', curiosities, and the English cabinet / Arthur Macgregor
- Musical dialogues in 'The Paston Treasure' / Jeanice Brooks and Jonathan Wainwright
- III. The Pastons and Their World : The Paston Family in the seventeenth century / Jean Agnew
- "Mecœna's Face": a portrait of Sir William Paston, First Baronet / Nathan Flis and Michael Hunter
- Painted portraits and the Paston Family's collection of paintings / Karen Hearn
- the Paston-Yarmouth collection of prints and drawings / Simon Turner
- The Paston Library / Mark Purcell
- Imperfect reds: Robert Paston's alchemy / Paula Findlen and Francesca Vanke
- Sir Thomas Browne, the Pastons, and the pursuit of health and wealth / Reid Barbour
- A question of education: the grand tour of William Paston and his tutor William Aglionby / Jonathan Yarker.