Christie, James, 1773-1831, A catalogue of a collection of Italian, French, Flemish and Dutch pictures , 
- A catalogue of a collection of Italian, French, Flemish and Dutch pictures : chiefly of the cabinet class, in the highest preservation : including many fine specimens of Carracci, Guido, Poussin, Rubens, J. Steen, V. de Velde : particularly Christ carrying his Cross, J. De Marbeuge : The Assumption of the Virgin ... Vandyck : The Dutch Surgeon, Teniers : The Reposo and Companion, C. Maratti : Portrait of a Lady, Rembrandt : and a capital pair of portraits by Vanderhelst and William Vanderveldt : also, some fine cabinets, old china, bronzes, marbles, ivory carvings, &c. : the exclusive property of a Gentleman of refined taste, and collected by him at considerable expence : which will be sold by auction by Mr. Christie, at the Great Room, Pall Mall, on Friday, June 21, 1805, and following day, at twelve o'clock.
- [London] : Mr. Christie, 
London : J. Smeeton, 148, St. Martin's Lane,
- Physical Description:
- 11,  pages ; 26 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN8640 .N6+ v. 4 no.15 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Getty provenance index databases, sale catalog Br-349
Lugt, F. Répertoire des catalogues de ventes publiques, 6979
Date of sale: June 21st-22nd, 1805.
Place of sale: London.
BAC: British Art Center copy is not annotated. Number 15 of 38 auction catalogs bound together. The volume bound in contemporary half calf; with the armorial bookplate of Baron Northwick; signed in manuscript: William Upcott, London Institution, 1823.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Private collections -- Great Britain -- Catalogs.Art auctions -- England -- London -- Catalogs.Decorative arts -- Catalogs.London Institution -- Ownership.Northwick, John Rushout, Baron, 1770-1859 -- Bookplate.Painting, European -- Catalogs.Upcott, William, 1779-1845 -- Autograph.
- Auction catalogs.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.