Christie, James, 1773-1831, A catalogue of a select and valuable collection of Italian, French, Flemish and Dutch pictures , 
- A catalogue of a select and valuable collection of Italian, French, Flemish and Dutch pictures : the whole the property of a Gentleman, collected at great expence : and consisting of the works of Bassan, Marratti, Bamboccio, Rubens, V. Dyck, Jordaens, Teniers, Ostade, V. De Velde, Bedael, Mignon, Vernet : among which are many very desirable high-finished cabinet gems, in fine preservation : which will be sold by auction by Mr. Christie, at his Great Room, Pall Mall, on Saturday, February the 8th, 1806, at twelve o'clock.
- [London] : Mr. Christie, 
London : J. Smeeton, Printer, 148, St. Martin's Lane,
- Physical Description:
- 7, pages ; 26 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN8640 .N6+ v. 4 no.16 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "The covers of some copies of the catalogue ... were printed with the year 1805 and changed by hand to 1806 ...."--Getty provenance index databases.
Getty provenance index databases, sale catalog Br-362
Lugt, F. Répertoire des catalogues de ventes publiques, 7026
Date of sale: February 8th, 1806.
Place of sale: London.
BAC: British Art Center copy is not annotated. Number 16 of 38 auction catalogs bound together. The volume bound in contemporary half calf; with the armorial bookplate of Baron Northwick; signed in manuscript: William Upcott, London Institution, 1823. British Art Center copy cover printed with year 1805 but changed by hand to 1806.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Private collections -- Great Britain -- Catalogs.Art auctions -- England -- London -- Catalogs.Decorative arts -- Catalogs.London Institution -- Ownership.Northwick, John Rushout, Baron, 1770-1859 -- Bookplate.Painting, European -- Catalogs.Upcott, William, 1779-1845 -- Autograph.
- Auction catalogs.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.