Peter Coxe, Burrell, and Foster (London, England), The catalogue of a valuable collection of capital paintings, the works of the ancient and modern masters removed from Bowood Park, Wiltshire, the property of the late most noble, the Marquis of Lansdowne , 
- The catalogue of a valuable collection of capital paintings, the works of the ancient and modern masters removed from Bowood Park, Wiltshire, the property of the late most noble, the Marquis of Lansdowne : comprising, among others, the performances of Van Dyck, Albano, Brughel, Guido, Carlo Cigniani, Rubens, Sir Joshua Reynolds, Wilson, Gainsborough, Barrett, Marieski, Canaleti, Slingelandt Zuccarelli, Knellwe, Blomaert, Holbein, P. Neefs, &c. &c. &c. : which will be sold by auction by Peter Coxe, Burrell and Foster at the Great Room (late Mr. Bryan's Gallery) 88, Pall Mall, on Tuesday, 25th of February, 1806, at twelve o'clock, by order of the executors.
- [London] : Peter Coxe, Burrell and Foster, 
London : Smeeton, Printer, 148, St. Martin's Lane,
- Physical Description:
- 8 pages ; 27 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN8640 .N6+ v. 4 no.17 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Getty Provenance Index Databases, viewed Feb. 28, 2013, Description of sale catalog Br-366
Date of auction: Feb. 25th, 1806.
Place of auction: London.
BAC: British Art Center copy is not annotated. Number 17 of 38 auction catalogs bound together. The volume bound in contemporary half calf; with the armorial bookplate of Baron Northwick; signed in manuscript: William Upcott, London Institution, 1823.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Private collections -- Great Britain -- Catalogs.Art -- Private collections.Art auctions -- England -- London -- Catalogs.Lansdowne, William Petty, Marquis of, 1737-1805Lansdowne, William Petty, Marquis of, 1737-1805 -- Art collections -- Catalogs.London Institution -- Ownership.Marquis of LansdowneNorthwick, John Rushout, Baron, 1770-1859 -- Bookplate.Painting, British -- Catalogs.Painting, European -- Catalogs.Upcott, William, 1779-1845 -- Autograph.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.