Peter Coxe, Burrell, and Foster (London, England), The catalogue of a select and valuable collection of capital drawings, by Guercino, Ganisborough, Cipriani, and other favorite Masters , 
- The catalogue of a select and valuable collection of capital drawings, by Guercino, Ganisborough, Cipriani, and other favorite Masters : the property of the late most noble The Marquis of Lansdowne : which (by order by his executors) will be sold by auction, by Peter Coxe, Burrell and Fosters, (without reserve) on the premises, Lansdown House, Berkley Square, on Tuesday, March 25th, 1806, at twelve o'clock.
- [London] : Peter Coxe, Burrell, and Foster, 
London : J. Smeeton, Printer, 148, St. Martin's Lane,
- Physical Description:
- 7,  pages ; 26 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN8640 .N6+ v. 4 no.19 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Getty provenance index databases, sale catalog Br-378
Lugt, F. Répertoire des catalogues de ventes publiques, 7047
Date of sale:March 25th, 1806.
Place of sale: London.
BAC: British Art Center copy is annotated with sale prices for some lots. Number19 of 38 auction catalogs bound together. The volume bound in contemporary half calf; with the armorial bookplate of Baron Northwick; signed in manuscript: William Upcott, London Institution, 1823.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Private collections -- Great Britain -- Catalogs.Art auctions -- England -- London -- Catalogs.Drawing, British -- Catalogs.Drawing, European -- Catalogs.Lansdowne, William Petty, Marquis of, 1737-1805 -- Art collections -- Catalogs.London Institution -- Ownership.Northwick, John Rushout, Baron, 1770-1859 -- Bookplate.Upcott, William, 1779-1845 -- Autograph.
- Auction catalogs.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.