Christie, James, 1773-1831, A catalogue of the truly capital and highly valuable collection of pictures, consisting of the choicest works of the most celebrated masters of the Italian, French, Flemish and Dutch schools, the genuine property of the late Richard Hulse, Esq., of Blackheath, dec. , 
- A catalogue of the truly capital and highly valuable collection of pictures, consisting of the choicest works of the most celebrated masters of the Italian, French, Flemish and Dutch schools, the genuine property of the late Richard Hulse, Esq., of Blackheath, dec. : eminently distinguished for his taste and liberality in the fine arts : this collection comprises a most capital picture of S. Rosa, the Lycian Peasants transformed into frogs ... : Guido, a rare Assumption of the Virgin : Tintoretto, a Holy Family, with Zacharias and other saints : Rubens, a Holy Family : Rembrandt, a domestic scene from sacred history : two charming landscapes, G. Poussin : two capital ditto, Cuyp : Four by Claude : a sea storm, Vandeveldt : portraits by Vandyck, &c. many small bijous, by the scarce Italian Masters : and an exquisite collection of high-finished Dutch cabinet pictures, viz. Bellini, Titian, Giorgione, Paduanino, Bassano, Palma, P. da Cortona, A. del Sarto, A. Solario, Baroccio, Vanni, Tibaldi, Carracci, Guido, Domenichino, Guercino, Albano, Mola, Murillo, N. Poussin, S. Bourdon, Watteau, Rubens, V. Dyck, Teniers, Berchem, Wouvermans, Du Jardin, Ruysdael, Barrett & Gilpin : which (by order of the executors) will be sold by auction by Mr. Christie at his great room, Pall Mall, on Friday, March 21, 1806, and following day, at twelve o'clock, without reserve.
- [London] : Mr. Christie, 
London : Smeeton, Printer, 148, St. Martin's Lane,
- Physical Description:
- 14 pages ; 25 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN8640 .N6+ v. 4 no.20 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Lugt, F. Répertoire des catalogues de ventes publiques, 7045
Getty provenance index databases, sale catalog Br-376
Date of sale: March 21st-22nd, 2013.
Place of sale: London.
BAC: British Art Center copy is not annotated. Number 20 of 38 auction catalogs bound together. The volume bound in contemporary half calf; with the armorial bookplate of Baron Northwick; signed in manuscript: William Upcott, London Institution, 1823.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Private collections -- Great Britain -- Catalogs.Art auctions -- England -- London -- Catalogs.Hulse, Richard, 1727-1805 -- Art collections -- Catalogs.London Institution -- Ownership.Northwick, John Rushout, Baron, 1770-1859 -- Bookplate.Painting, European -- Catalogs.Upcott, William, 1779-1845 -- Autograph.
- Auction catalogs.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.