Green garden trilogy I.
- Physical Description:
- 1 photograph : lambda c-type photograph with hand embroidery ; 22 x 27 cm, in mat 36 x 49 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio B 2018 11aYale Center for British Art, acquired with funds from the Bequest of Daniel S. KalkAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- © Jessa Fairbrother. All rights reserved.
- "Limited edition: 1/3 photographic prints from same image, each hand-embroidered by the artist [in 2017], with I AP made in 2014."--Artist's certificate of authenticity.
Title from artist's certificate of authenticity.
This photograph is an original print of the image made originally in 2014 that appears in Jessa Fairbrother's book, Conversations with my mother, and is embroidered by hand. The artist writes, “Puncturing the photographic print is extremely important to my practice. I puncture the skin on the body within the image, enjoying the feel of paper against my needle--it is very satisfying. Unlike conventional cloth there is no 'thread count' to see where to go next, and the more I do it on paper the more it becomes a sort of drawing-sewing hybrid.”
- Subject Terms:
- Fairbrother, Jessa.Grief in art.Women in natural history.
Chromogenic color prints.
Embroidery (visual works)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.