Christie, James, 1773-1831, A catalogue of a truly valuable collection of original drawings, framed and glazed , 1807
- A catalogue of a truly valuable collection of original drawings, framed and glazed : two snuff boxes, with miniatures in oil and water colours : and sixteen original pictures, by the inimitable painter, and favorite pupil of nature, George Morland : executed in his best time and most careful manner for his intimate friend, Mr. Robert Wedd : who in compliance with a wish expressed by the artist himself not long before his death, now offers them to public sale : which will be sold by auction by Mr. Christie, at his Great Room, Pall Mall, on Friday, May the 22d, 1807, at twelve o'clock.
- [London] : Mr. Christie, 1807.
London : Smeeton, Printer, St. Martin's Lane,
- Physical Description:
- 7,  pages ; 26 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN8640 .N6+ v. 4 no.33 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Getty provenance index databases, sale catalog Br-499
Lugt, F. Répertoire des catalogues de ventes publiques, 7250
Date of sale: May 22nd, 1807.
Place of sale: London.
BAC: British Art Center copy is not annotated. Number 33 of 38 auction catalogs bound together. The volume bound in contemporary half calf; with the armorial bookplate of Baron Northwick; signed in manuscript: William Upcott, London Institution, 1823.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Private collections -- Great Britain -- Catalogs.Art auctions -- England -- London -- Catalogs.Decorative arts -- Catalogs.London Institution -- Ownership.Morland, George, 1763-1804.Northwick, John Rushout, Baron, 1770-1859 -- Bookplate.Painting, British -- Catalogs.Upcott, William, 1779-1845 -- Autograph.Wedd, Robert -- Art collections -- Catalogs.
- Auction catalogs.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.