Christie, James, 1773-1831, A catalogue of a valuable and choice collection of highly finished drawings, by the most admired modern Masters, framed and glazed , 
- A catalogue of a valuable and choice collection of highly finished drawings, by the most admired modern Masters, framed and glazed : five original grand landscapes by Ibbetson, particularly a large view of Ulswater : and a ditto of the Fair at Ambleside, with figures : and a few by Old Masters, especially a small bijou, by P. Potter : the genuine property of a collector of distinguished taste : part of them brought from the country : the drawings comprise several exquisite subjects, by that eminent and distinguished artist J. M. W. Turner, Esq. R.A. : as also by Gainsborough, Cozens, Girtin, Hearne, Varley, Wheatley, Sandby, Payne, Barrett, La Porte, Daves, Ducros, Zuccarelli, &c. : which will be sold by auction, by Mr. Christie, at his Great Room, Pall Mall, on Friday, May 6th, 1808, and following day, at twelve o'clock.
- [London] : Mr. Christie, 
- Physical Description:
- 7,  pages ; 26 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN8640 .N6+ v. 5 no.7 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Getty provenance index databases, sale catalog Br-579
Lugt, F. Répertoire des catalogues de ventes publiques, 7394
Date of sale: May 6th-7th, 1806.
Place of sale: London.
BAC: British Art Center copy is not annotated. Number 7 of 42 auction catalogs bound together. The volume bound in contemporary half calf; with the armorial bookplate of Baron Northwick; signed in manuscript: William Upcott, London Institution, 1823."Dr. Monro" added in black ink to title page.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Private collections -- Great Britain -- Catalogs.Art auctions -- England -- London -- Catalogs.Drawing, British -- Catalogs.Drawing, European -- Catalogs.London Institution -- Ownership.Northwick, John Rushout, Baron, 1770-1859 -- Bookplate.Upcott, William, 1779-1845 -- Autograph.
- Auction catalogs.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.