Christie, James, 1773-1831, A catalogue of a most valuable and unique collection of ancient stained glass , 
- A catalogue of a most valuable and unique collection of ancient stained glass : comprising noble altar pieces, windows for churches, collegiate buildings, & Gothic country residences : also many exquisite cabinet pieces, of the finest colouring and richest enamel, purchased on the continent : besides various grand and fine subjects, which compose this collection, is a magnificent window, 17 feet high, from the Great Church at Rouen, representing the Last Judgment : the composition of the sublimest cast : the figure numerous and elaborately finished, and the colours most richly splendid and varied : which will be sold by auction by Mr. Christie, at his Great Room, in Pall Mall, London : on Thursday, May 18, and the following day.
- [London] : [Mr. Christie], 
- Physical Description:
- 14 pages ; 17 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN8640 .N6+ v. 5 no.11 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Date of sale: May 18th-19th, 
Place of sale: London.
BAC: British Art Center copy is not annotated. Number 11 of 42 auction catalogs bound together. The volume bound in contemporary half calf; with the armorial bookplate of Baron Northwick; signed in manuscript: William Upcott, London Institution, 1823.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Private collections -- Great Britain -- Catalogs.Art auctions -- England -- London -- Catalogs.Decorative arts -- Catalogs.London Institution -- Ownership.Northwick, John Rushout, Baron, 1770-1859 -- Bookplate.Stained glass windows -- Catalogs.Upcott, William, 1779-1845 -- Autograph.
- Auction catalogs.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.