Christie, James, 1773-1831, A catalogue of a most valuable and choice collection of capital pictures, chiefly of the cabinet class , 
- A catalogue of a most valuable and choice collection of capital pictures, chiefly of the cabinet class : by the most esteemed Masters of the Italian, French, Flemish, and Dutch schools : the genuine property of a Gentleman of refined taste : among them are The Concert du Matin by Terborg : A Holy Family with Angels, Albano, a beautiful chef d'oeuvre : a Woody Landscape, an original and most spirited sketch, Rubens : and various chef d'oeuvres by Titian, P. Veronese, Siciolante, Carracci, Domenichino, Bolognese, Brill, C. Maratti, Spagnoleto, S. Rosa, G. Poussin, Patelle, Rubens, V. Dyck, Wouvermans, Both, Du Jardin, Backhuysen, Ferg, Poelemberg, V. der Neer, V, Goyen, Zuccarelli, Wilson : also, lately consigned from Portugal, Belisarius in his Retirement invited back to Military Command, Velasque ... : which will be sold by auction by Mr. Christie, at his Great Room, Pall Mall, on Friday, 3d March, 1809, and following day, at twelve o'clock.
- [London] : Mr. Christie, 
London : J. Smeeton, Printer, St. Martin's Lane, Charing-Cross,
- Physical Description:
- 11 pages ; 26 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN8640 .N6+ v. 5 no.14 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Getty provenance index databases, sale catalog Br-644
Lugt, F. Répertoire des catalogues de ventes publiques, 7526
Date of sale: March 3rd-4th, 1809.
Place of sale: London.
BAC: British Art Center copy is not annotated. Number 14 of 42 auction catalogs bound together. The volume bound in contemporary half calf; with the armorial bookplate of Baron Northwick; signed in manuscript: William Upcott, London Institution, 1823.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Private collections -- Great Britain -- Catalogs.Art auctions -- England -- London -- Catalogs.London Institution -- Ownership.Northwick, John Rushout, Baron, 1770-1859 -- Bookplate.Painting, European -- Catalogs.Upcott, William, 1779-1845 -- Autograph.
- Auction catalogs.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.