Der Würfel in 6 verschiedenen Spielen = Le dès en 6 divers jeux = The die in 6 different plays.
- Additional Title(s):
Würfel in sechs verschiedenen Spielen
Dès en 6 divers jeux
Die in 6 different plays
- [Nuremberg] : [publisher not identified], [1850?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 game (36 cubes) : wood, color ; in box 18 x 18 x 5 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGV1199 .W87 1850 Flat AYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- BEIN 2018 192: Ms. note on box: "II. I. qa". Accompanied by color printouts showing the cubes arranged into six thematic patterns.
Title from lithographed label on box top.
A game consisting of 36 wooden cubes with different handcolored lithographed images on each side, including letters, numbers, symbols, geometric patterns, and a picture puzzle.
"Among the vast multitude of games that have made their appearance, there is none equal to the one before us in amount of metamorphosed application and ingenious combinations. By means of this innocent play the child is stimulated not only to become acquainted with the most necessary requirements in life, such as writing, cyphering, drawing, etc., but it will also derive excelent [sic] amusements in constructing and mosaic games as well as in puzzle, and may therefore be justly recommended to parents and a really useful and valuable present for their little ones."--Description on box bottom, with parallel descriptions in German and French.
- Subject Terms:
- Amusements -- Great Britain -- 19th century.
- Educational games.
Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1850.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.