Christie, James, 1773-1831, A catalogue of a very extensive collection of chiefly genuine Spanish pictures , 
- A catalogue of a very extensive collection of chiefly genuine Spanish pictures : the actual property of a Noble Family in Spain, expedited to this country on their late removal from Seville : comprising a numerous and interesting assemblage of the works of the great Masters of the Schools of Seville and Valencia : among which are truly capital pictures of Murillo, and small studies for his celebrated works in the Capuchin Convent at Seville, many elegant specimens of Valdex, and other Spanish painters, little known in this country, viz. : Zurbaran, Alonzo Cano, Pacheco, Carducho, Herrera, Bobadillae, Roelas, Espinosa, Torres, Labrador, Legote, Orrente, Ribera, Velasquez, Castillo : the whole will be offered in their genuine state : which will be sold by auction, by Mr. Christie, (without the least reserve) at his Great Room, Pall Mall, on Friday, March 16, 1810, and following day, punctually at one o'clock.
- [London] : Mr. Christie, 
London : G. Smeeton, 17, St. Martin's Lane,
- Physical Description:
- 8 pages ; 26 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN8640 .N6+ v. 5 no.24 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Getty provenance index databases, sale catalog Br-734
Lugt, F. Répertoire des catalogues de ventes publiques, 7725
Date of sale: March 16th-17th, 1810.
Place of sale: London.
BAC: British Art Center copy is not annotated. Number 24 of 42 auction catalogs bound together. The volume bound in contemporary half calf; with the armorial bookplate of Baron Northwick; signed in manuscript: William Upcott, London Institution, 1823.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Private collections -- Great Britain -- Catalogs.Art auctions -- England -- London -- Catalogs.Decorative arts -- Catalogs.London Institution -- Ownership.Northwick, John Rushout, Baron, 1770-1859 -- Bookplate.Painting, European -- Catalogs.Upcott, William, 1779-1845 -- Autograph.
- Auction catalogs.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.