Christie, James, 1773-1831, A catalogue of the capital and very valuable collection of Italian, French, Flemish and Dutch cabinet pictures , 
- A catalogue of the capital and very valuable collection of Italian, French, Flemish and Dutch cabinet pictures : as also, some bronzes and models : the property of Sir Philip Stephens, Bart, Dec. : many years ago formed by him with judgement and very refined taste, at the most liberal expence : the choice and very fine collection comprises, two noble landscapes with figures, a morning and evening scene, by Albert Cuyp : the Battle of Maxentius ... : and Constantine planning the City of Constantinople .... sketch by Rubens ... Gazette by Teniers : Portrait of the Burgomaster Six and the Piping Boy by Rembrandt : from the Orleans Collections , A Sea Fight by V. De Velde : the Solitude and several ... landscapes by Gaspar : and others by Garofalo, Bellini, Bonifaccio, Bassano, Parmegiano, Caracci, S. Rosa, Murillo, Rubens, V. Dyck, Teniers, Hals, Rembandt, Guyp, Berchem, V. De Velde, Mieris, Zorg, Brauwer, Berkhyde, V, Der Neer, Poelemberg, Sachtleven, V. Vitelli, Zuccaelli, Taverner, Loutherbourg, Barrbit, Webber, &c. &c. &c. : which (by order of the Rt. Hon. Lord Viscount Ranelagh,) will be sold by auction, by Mr. Christie on the premises, No, 2, Great Cumberland Crescent, Oxford Street, on Thursday, May 17, 1810, precisely at one o'clock.
- [London] : Mr. Christie, 
London : G. Smeeton, Printer, 17, St. Martin's Lane,
- Physical Description:
- 10 pages ; 26 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN8640 .N6+ v. 5 no.28 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Getty provenance index databases, sale catalog Br-763
Lugt, F. Répertoire des catalogues de ventes publiques, 7780
Date of sale: May 17th, 1810.
Place of sale: London.
BAC: British Art Center copy is not annotated. Number 28 of 42 auction catalogs bound together. The volume bound in contemporary half calf; with the armorial bookplate of Baron Northwick; signed in manuscript: William Upcott, London Institution, 1823.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Private collections -- Great Britain -- Catalogs.Art auctions -- England -- London -- Catalogs.London Institution -- Ownership.Northwick, John Rushout, Baron, 1770-1859 -- Bookplate.Painting, European -- Catalogs.Stephens, Philip, Sir, 1725-1809 -- Art collections -- Catalogs.Upcott, William, 1779-1845 -- Autograph.
- Auction catalogs.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.