Christie, James, 1773-1831, A catalogue of a valuable and pleasing collection of Italian, French, Flemish and Dutch pictures , 
- A catalogue of a valuable and pleasing collection of Italian, French, Flemish and Dutch pictures : the genuine property of a gentleman, comprising the works of the following great and celebrated masters, viz. : Tintoretto, P. Veronese, Bassano, Carracci, Guido, Lanfranco, C. Marratti, Poussin, Claude, Rubens, V. Dyck, Teniers, V. Der Meulen, Berghem, V. De Velde, Huysdael, Netscherm, Terburg, Waterloo, Zuccarelli : also, at the same time will be sold the fittings-up of an elegant saloon, thirty-three feet long by 19 feet wide, and 12 feet high, painted in history, architectures, and landscape, by those distinguished artists in their several lines, Sir James Thornhill, Bonomi, Barrett, and Gilpin : which will be sold by auction by Mr. Christie at his great room, Pall Mall, on Friday, June the 1st, 1810, punctually at one o'clock.
- [London] : Mr. Christie, 
London : G. Smeeton, Printer, 17, St. Martin's Lane,
- Physical Description:
- 8 pages ; 28 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN8640 .N6+ v. 5 no.31 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Getty provenance index databases, sale catalog Br-777
Lugt, F. Répertoire des catalogues de ventes publiques, 7795
Date of auction: June 1, 1810.
Place of auction: London.
BAC: British Art Center copy is not annotated. Number 31 of 42 auction catalogs bound together. The volume bound in contemporary half calf; with the armorial bookplate of Baron Northwick; signed in manuscript: William Upcott, London Institution, 1823.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Private collections -- Great Britain -- Catalogs.Art auctions -- England -- London -- Catalogs.London Institution -- Ownership.Northwick, John Rushout, Baron, 1770-1859 -- Bookplate.Painting, European -- Catalogs.Upcott, William, 1779-1845 -- Autograph.
- Auction catalogs.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.