Stevens, Thomas, 1828-1888, The old arm chair, 
- The old arm chair.
- Coventry : T. Stevens, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 silk picture : color ; 28 x 6 cm (with tassel)
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsTextiles 10cAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Visual Materials
- Beneath the title at top is the image of an upright arm chair, in which a Bible rests against the arm. The bottom half bears the words and music of the poem by Eliza Cook, set to music by Henry Russell (not credited).
The diamond logo on the reverse (at the point) indicates registration date of May 4, 1871. See also Godden.
BAC: British Art Center copy is pinned and mounted on original printed label, mount comprised of two sections of card.
Godden, G. Stevengraphs and other Victorian silk pictures, 712
- Subject Terms:
- Ballads, English.Death -- Songs and music.Silk pictures -- Specimens.
- Embroidery (visual works)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.