Christie & Manson, A Catalogue of the cabinet of very exquisite pictures, the collection of sculpture, porcelain, snuff-boxes, &c., and the celebrated vase and snuff-boxes formed of the blocks of the Shakspeare Mulberry-tree, which were in the possession of Garrick , 
- A Catalogue of the cabinet of very exquisite pictures, the collection of sculpture, porcelain, snuff-boxes, &c., and the celebrated vase and snuff-boxes formed of the blocks of the Shakspeare Mulberry-tree, which were in the possession of Garrick : the property of that distinguished amateur M.M. Zachary, esq., deceased ; which (by order of the executors, and by express direction of his will) will by sold by auction, without reserve, by Messrs. Christie and Manson, at their great room, King Street, St. James's Square, on Friday, 30th of March, 1838, and following day, at one o'clock precisely.
- [London] : Christie & Manson, 
- Physical Description:
- 14 pages ; 26 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN8640 .N6+ v. 5 no.42 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Getty provenance index databases, sale catalog Br-4866
Lugt, F. Répertoire des catalogues de ventes publiques, 15002
Date of sale: March 30th-31st, 1838.
Place of sale: London.
BAC: British Art Center copy is not annotated. Number 42 of 42 auction catalogs bound together. The volume bound in contemporary half calf; with the armorial bookplate of Baron Northwick; signed in manuscript: William Upcott, London Institution, 1823. Bound in original paper wrappers.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Private collections -- Great Britain -- Catalogs.Art auctions -- England -- London -- Catalogs.Art auctions.Auction catalogs.England -- London.Furniture -- Catalogs.Jewelry -- Catalogs.London Institution -- Ownership.Northwick, John Rushout, Baron, 1770-1859 -- Bookplate.Painting, British -- Catalogs.Painting, European -- Catalogs.Picture frames and framing -- Catalogs.Sculpture, British -- Catalogs.Sculpture, European -- Catalogs.Upcott, William, 1779-1845 -- Autograph.Zachary, M. M. -- Art collections -- Catalogs.
- Auction catalogs.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.