Twenty four grotesque views of seaside life, [approximately 1880?]
Twenty four grotesque views of seaside life.
- London : J. S.& Co., [approximately 1880?]
- Physical Description:
- 24 pictures on 2 joined sheets ; sheets end-to-end 14 x 130 cm, accordion folded to 12 x 9 cm, in boards 13 x 10 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC1475 .T84 1880Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Cover title.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original blue cloth.
Each of 12 panels features two scenes depicting seaside frolics, mostly involving young ladies.
- Subject Terms:
- Caricatures and cartoons -- Great Britain.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- Humor -- 19th century.J.S. & Co. -- Publisher.Panoramas -- Specimens.Satire, English.Seashore -- Great Britain -- Pictorial works.Wit and humor, Pictorial.
- Accordion fold format (Binding)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.