Johnstone, William Grosart, The nature-printed British sea-weeds, 1859-1860
- The nature-printed British sea-weeds: a history, accompanied by figures and dissections of the Algae of the British Isles. By William Grosart Johnstone ... and Alexander Croall ... Nature printed by Henry Bradbury.
- London, Bradbury and Evans, 1859-1860.
- Physical Description:
- 4 v. illus., CCVII (i. e. 208) col. pl. 25 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsQK573 J7Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Friedman, J. Color printing in England, 1486-1870, 163-164
Selected exhibitions: "Color Printing in England, 1486-1870" (Yale Center for British Art, 20 April-25 June, 1978).
BAC : Added title-pages engraved by John Leighton, F.S.A.
BAC : Advertisements:  p. at beginning of v. 2.
BAC : Plates XLVII A and B included in sequence of 207 plates; an unnumbered plate appears at the end of v. 4.
BAC : "Bradbury and Evans, Printers."
Added t.-p., engraved.
Bibliography: v. 4, p. -301.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- Subject Terms:
- Algae -- Great Britain.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.