IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Rook, Anne, Apple story , 2016
Apple story / Anne Rook.
- [England] : [Anne Rook], 2016.
- Physical Description:
- 1 folded sheet (7 panels) : illustrations ; 22 x 48 cm, folded to 22 x 7 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.R66 A67 2016Yale Center for British Art, acquired with funds from the Bequest of Daniel S. KalkView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- © 2016 Anne Rook
- Full Orbis Record:
- Issued in a limited edition of 20 copies.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 3 of 20, signed by the artist.
"The book 'Apple Story' derives from an animation created for an AmBruno's 'Book Act' project shown in Leeds in 2014. A 'stylised' apple orchard is sketched with apple labels as leaves, transformed into 'designer' apples and their subsequent consommation and demise. See an animation extract on: http://www.annerook.net/animations/applestory/. As with 'Papiers Peints', the book is part of a series of works commenting on the way contemporary economics of agriculture have altered the production of food and the way we consume it."--Description provided by the artist.
- Subject Terms:
- Agriculture -- Economics -- Great Britain.Apples in art.Artists' books -- Great Britain.Food -- Great Britain.Women in natural history.
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.
Accordion fold format (Binding)
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.