Follow the river.
- Yarrow, Selkirkshire, Scotland : Helen Douglas, 2015-2017.
- Physical Description:
- 8 volumes : color illustrations ; 19 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.3.D68 F65 2015Yale Center for British Art, acquired with funds from the Bequest of Daniel S. KalkView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- © The Artist
- "In Follow the River, Douglas finds different reaches of the river and brings these to the concertina form as unfolding arm's breadths, each one with a distinct theme of light, colour and mood. Each open spread can be viewed individually, or in runs of 4, 6, 8 or more pages. The first spread contains a text poem, which, integral to the reach of the river draws the eye into the book and a close reading of its pages. Leaves, grasses, ferns, flowers and trees form part of following the river, at its edge. In light and shadow they frame and are interwoven with the water's movement: its flow, light and shade, and reflective colour, taking in its nuanced surroundings, as one contemplative whole."--Webproductions.com
"A set of 8 books, comprising of 12,16, or 14 concertina folded pages, printed on Chinese Paper, with Surecolour Inks. Colour card end covers, letterpress title with back cover information of set number, date, edition 30. 25 sets are encased within a protective card sleeve produced in 4 different colours with the title Follow the River. The remaining 5 sets are split and sold individually."--Webproductions.com
BAC: British Art Center copy is one of 25 sets encased within a protective card sleeve produced in 4 different colors with the title Follow the River.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.Nature in art.Rivers in art.Women in natural history.
- Artists' books.
Accordion fold format (Binding)
- IIIF Manifest:
- A Stretch of Yarrow
- Viridian Touch
- Verdure Tapestry
- A Cradle Pool
- Banks Cascade
- Love's Song
- Goosanders Swim
- In the Reach of the River.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.