Lamont-Fisher, Pauline, Were you there, 
- Were you there.
- [Wormelow] : [Pauline Lamont-Fisher], 
- Physical Description:
- 1 folded sheet ( panels), 2 leaves ; 12 x 69 cm, folded to 11 x 9 cm, in case 13 x 9 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.L345 W47 2017Yale Center for British Art, acquired with funds from the Bequest of Daniel S. KalkAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "As part of my research for the artist's book G. Smith, I visited the places where he had been in his last few days during WWI. This culminated in a visit to Bourlon Wood where he was shot and finding his grave in the Bucquoy Road cemetery at Fucheux. The poem is a personal meditation on the experience and the concertina is evocative of my walks in the wood and the French countryside."--Artist's statement.
"Concertina eco-printed onto Gruppo Cordenons Canaletto liscio 210 gsm. Central enclosure inkjet printed onto washi and bound with antique Irish linen. The cover is inkjet printed onto Saunders Waterford Not 300 gsm"--Description provided by the artist.
Title from slipcase.
Imprint from description provided by the artist.
Issued in an edition of 20 copies.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 15 of 20, initialed by artist.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.Bourlon Wood (France)English poetry.Memory in art.Walks -- France.World War, 1914-1918 -- Battlefields -- France.World War, 1914-1918 -- Casualties.
- Artists' books.
Accordion fold format (Binding)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.