Frederic William Burton : for the love of art / curated by Marie Bourke ; with essays by Patrick Duffy, Alison FitzGerald, Elena Greer, Anne Hodge, Janet McLean ; edited by Claire Crowley.
- Additional Title(s):
For the love of art
- Dublin : National Gallery of Ireland, 
- Physical Description:
- 95 pages : color illustrations ; 26 cm
- Reference LibraryNJ18.B9695 A12 2017 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 92-95).
Published on the occasion of an exhibition held in the National Gallery of Ireland, Dublin, 25 October 2017 - 14 January 2018.
- Subject Terms:
- Burton, Frederic William, 1816-1900 -- Exhibitions.
- Frederick William Burton: an overview of his life / Marie Bourke
- Encountering the west / Patrick Duffy
- "The gilded beam on the humming-bird's throat": Burton's portraiture / Anne Hodge
- Frederick William Burton: crafting designs 'characteristic of Ireland' / Alison FitzGerald
- Picturing poetry
- Burton and the Rossetti circle / Janet McLean
- Frederick William Burton as director of the National Gallery, London / Elena Greer.