Rego, Paula, Stone soup , 2014
- Stone soup / Paula Rego ; Cas Willing.
- London : Enitharmon Editions, 2014
- Physical Description:
- 30 unnumbered pages : color illustrations ; 29 cm + 1 print (color illustrations ; 53 cm)
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2018 10Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "Full of the macabre touches and dark humour that have made Paula Rego's reputation, Stone Soup is a new version of the traditional Portuguese folktale by her daughter, the designer and writer, Cas Willing. Typically read to children to encourage cooperation in times of scarcity, the fable has existed in numerous incarnations for centuries. We follow the efforts of a young female traveller in her attempt to save herself from starvation, persuading suspicious townspeople to supply her with food for her mysterious Stone Soup. All thirteen watercolour and ink paintings are reproduced here, bringing together Rego's expressive cast of figures amidst their troubled landscape."--Publisher's website, accessed April 10, 2018.
"The de luxe edition consists of seventy-five signed copies numbered 1/75 to 75/75 and twenty-five signed hors commerce copies numbered HC i/xxv to xxv/xxv. With each copy is a signed original print by Paula Rego, numbered as above. The de luxe edition has been bound and slipcased by The Fine Book Bindery, Northamptonshire. The clothbound edition consists of 150 signed and numbered editions. The regular edition, in its first printing, consists of 1,500 unnumbered casebound copies"--Colophon.
Bound in dark blue cloth; coloured illustration mounted on front cover. Gilt lettering on spine. Slipcase covered in identical blue cloth, with cream paper label. Portfolio housing print quarter bound in blue cloth; blue paper covered boards, with print in inside pocket.
Designed by Caz Hildebrand. Set in Monotype Baskerville and printed on 170gsm Arctic Volume FSC.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 60 of 75, with the original signed print by Paulo Rego.
- Children's books.
Aquatints -- 2014.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.