Phyllida Barlow : fifty years of drawings / [editor, Sara Harrison].
- Additional Title(s):
Fifty years of drawings
- First edition.
- London : Hauser & Wirth ; Zurich : JRP/Ringier, 2014.
- Physical Description:
- 243 pages : chiefly illustrations (some color), portraits ; 34 cm
- Reference LibraryNJ18.B2334 A12 2014a (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Please contact the Reference Library to schedule an appointment [Email firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Published on the occasion of the exhibition held at Hauser & Wirth London, May 23-July 26, 2014.
Includes an interview with the artist by Hans Ulrich Obrist.
Includes bibliographical references (pages 240-243).
Reproducing over 200 works on paper from the past 50 years, this retrospective publication presents a crucial part of British sculptor Phyllida Barlow's (born 1944) oeuvre. Designed by Japanese graphic designer Takaaki Matsumoto, the book will be published alongside the Hauser & Wirth London exhibition opening in late May 2014. A never-before-published interview between the artist and Hans Ulrich Obrist provides insight into drawings that are not preparations but, rather, daily exercises done before, during and after the creation of her sculptures. While the works on paper range in style, they demonstrate a consistency in color and form in their exploration of ideas related to structures, architectural interiors and urban surroundings. Barlow's works on paper date back to the early 1960s when she was a student at Chelsea College of Art in London.
- Subject Terms:
- Barlow, Phyllida -- Exhibitions.Barlow, Phyllida -- Interviews.Barlow, Phyllida, 1944-Barlow, Phyllida.Drawing -- England -- 20th century -- Exhibitions.Drawing -- England -- 21st century -- Exhibitions.Drawing.England.
- Exhibition catalogs.
- Introduction / Sara Harrison
- Drawings: 1963-2013
- Interview with Phyllida Barlow / Hans Ulrich Obrist
- List of works
- Exhibition history