The story of poetry / David Hopkins and Tom Mason ; with wood engravings by Hilary Paynter.
- Bristol : Broadside Books, 1992
- Physical Description:
- viii, 272 pages : illustrations ; 27 cm and  leaves : wood engravings ; 25 x 24 cm, in portfolio 26 x 26 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPN1031 .H67 1992+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Gift of Hilary PaynterAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC: British Art Center copy signed by Hopkins, Mason, and Paynter. Bound in publisher's original gray boards; with illustrated dust jacket. In red slipcase together with a suite of 10 wood engravings.
- Subject Terms:
- Broadside books -- Publisher.English poetryPoetryPoetry.Poetry.
- Wood engravings -- 1992.
- Book 1: the progress of poetry
- part 1: the story of art
- part 2: a history of poets.
- Book 2: the arts of poetry
- part 1: living words
- part 2: the poets' dawn
- part 3: the powers of poetry.
- Book 3: the arts of listening
- part 1: to catch the westron wind
- part 2: in search of a rainbow
- part 3: ten stories and a visitation
- part 4: idle tears
- part 5: the arts of criticism.
- A list of poems.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.