Bush, Tracey, The last voyage, 2017
- The last voyage.
- [England] : Fathom Five Books, 2017.
- Physical Description:
-  pages : illustrations ; 9 x 24 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.B87 L37 2017+ OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "This book project is based on the voyage made by JohnTaylor in 1620 where he travelled down the Thames in a boat made from hemp paper. Inside a grey Khadi folder, fastened with a tiny knotted hemp rope is contained a booklet with extracts from the poem 'In Praise of Hempseed' which describes the voyage. Included in the booklet are prints from wood and lino. Also contained in the folder is a small handfolded paper boat with a map of the voyage inside. Both booklet and boat are made from hemp paper, either a copy of a historic paper by Ruscombe mill, or the modern office hemp paper 'tree free'."--Artist's website, accessed April 26, 2018.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 8, signed by the artist. In original Khadi folder with knotted hemp rope.
- Subject Terms:
- Artist's books -- Great Britain.English poetry.Hemp.Taylor, John, 1578-1653Thames River (England) -- Description and travel.
- Artists' books.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.