Wild flowers and their teachings.
- Second edition.
- Bath : Binns and Goodwin ; London : Whittaker and Co., 1848.
- Physical Description:
- iv, 94 pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsQK50 .W55 1848Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Attributed to Mary Matilda Howard.
The 37 plates bear pressed flower specimens, with descriptive text.
"Extracts from well-known and well-approved authors."
Title page is wood-engraved.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's gilt-stamped red leather. Two inscriptions: "Mary E. Anderson in memory of her friend Jane Eliza Galland from her sisters with their love, Welton Hill, October 1858."; "From Miss Jewitt to Audrey Mary Wilkinson as a keepsake from Carleton School Pontefract May 6th 1921."
- Subject Terms:
- Anderson, Mary E. -- Presentation inscription from sisters of Jane Eliza Galland.Flowers in literature.Flowers in literature.Jewitt, Miss -- Presentation inscription to Audrey Mary Wilkinson.Poetry, English.Pressed flower pictures.Wild flowers.Wild flowers.Wilkinson, Audrey Mary -- Presentation inscription from Miss Jewitt.Women in natural history.
- Dried flowers.
Wood engravings -- 1848.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.