The Paradise lost of Milton / with illustrations, designed and engraved by John Martin.
- Additional Title(s):
Milton's Paradise lost
- London : Septimus Prowett, MDCCCXXVII 
- Physical Description:
- 2 volumes : illustrations ; 37 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR3560 1827+ Copy 2 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Gift of Michael D. Coe, Yale MAH 1968Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR3560 1827+ Copy 1 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- With 24 mezzotints by John Martin.
Balston, T. John Martin, 1789-1854 : illustrator and pamphleteer. In Library, 4th ser., v. 14, no. 4 (Mar. 1934): 383-432, 1a4A (page 410)
Wees, J.D. Darkness visible, page 18
BAC: British Art Center copy 1 bound in contemporary olive half calf and marbled boards. Autograph: Thomas Greenall, May 1, 1863.
BAC: British Art Center copy 2 bound in contemporary blue boards, with leather spine labels. Autograph: John Ferguson.
- Subject Terms:
- Adam (Biblical figure) -- Poetry.Bible. Genesis -- History of Biblical events -- Poetry.Eve (Biblical figure) -- Poetry.Fall of man -- Poetry.Ferguson, John -- Autograph.Greenall, Thomas. -- Autograph.
Mezzotints -- 1827.
YCBA Collections Search
Milton, John, 1608-1674, The Paradise lost of Milton , MDCCCXXVII 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.