IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Waters, Bill, Damozels & deities , 
Damozels & deities : Edward Burne-Jones, Henry Holiday & Pre-Raphaelite stained glass 1870-1898 / William Waters, Alastair Carew-Cox.
- Additional Title(s):
Damozels and deities
Damozels & Deities : Pre-Raphaelite stained glass, 1870-1898
- Abbots Morton, Worcester, England : Seraphim Press Ltd, 
- Physical Description:
- 404 pages : illustrations (chiefly color) ; 28 cm
- Reference LibraryNK5398.B87 W38 2017 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Please contact the Reference Library to schedule an appointment [Email firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Full Orbis Record:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 389-391) and indexes.
Continuing from the acclaimed 'Angels & Icons', this volume, 'Damozels & Deities', traces the development of stained glass, viewed as an art form, from 1870 to the death of Burne-Jones in 1898. Over this period the public's interest in the creative arts enabled the Aesthetic Movement to flourish. Ecclesiastical windows grew more beautiful and secular in appearance, with domestic glass becoming indistinguishable from that found in churches."--Dust-jacket.
- Subject Terms:
- Aesthetic movement (Art)Aesthetic movement (Art) -- Great Britain -- History.Burne-Jones, Edward Coley, 1833-1898 -- Criticism and interpretation.Burne-Jones, Edward Coley, 1833-1898.Burne-Jones, Edward Coley, Sir, 1833-1898.England.Glass painting and staining -- Great Britain -- History -- 19th century.Glass painting and staining.Great Britain.Holiday, Henry, 1839-1927 -- Criticism and interpretation.Holiday, Henry, 1839-1927.Holiday, Henry, 1839-1927.Morris & Co. (London)Morris, William, 1834-1896.Stained glass windows -- England -- 19th century.Stained glass windows.
- Criticism, interpretation, etc.
- Index to Angels & Icons
- Index to Damozels & Deities.